Monday, May 18, 2009

Good grills go everywhere

Our new house has one of those infernal microwave/hood combinations, which is even more infernal than most. To be blunt, it doesn't suck, and I don't mean that in a good way.

So until we can get a proper exhaust fan put in, we're going to be grilling a lot this summer. One of the first things we did was set up the gas grill out back. Since I needed to bring a finger-food appetizer for our tailgate picnic on the way to the theater, and I hadn't set up my kitchen yet (limited spices, oils, etc.), I just skewered a bag of chicken tenderloins, sprinkled them with oil and a grinding of garlic and pepper and grilled them just until done. I chilled them down, then packed them with ice packs and off we went. They were a hit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment