Sunday, July 26, 2009

Grand ol' food

I didn't do a great job of planning my vacation this summer. If I'd been smart, I would have headed to Nashville this week (I spent three days at a seminar in Sewanee last week, so I wasn't that far away) for the Food Network Southern Food & Wine Festival at Gaylord Opryland, July 31-Aug. 2. The promoters say it will include a variety of exhibitors, food and wine samplings, food competitions, plus live cooking seminars and opportunities to meet Food Network celebrity chefs including Alton Brown, Bobby & Jamie Deen and The Neelys.

A portion of the proceeds from the wine tastings are going to Women Rock For The Cure, a nonprofit organization committed to fighting breast cancer by utilizing the passion, creativity and strength of the entertainment industry to find inspiring ways to raise money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.

No comments:

Post a Comment