Friday, April 24, 2009

A challenge

I just couldn't resist taking the New York Times' Twitter recipe challenge, to take a long recipe and condense it. Twitterati can see my feeble effort by going to http://search.twitter.com and typing in #nytrc

I certainly got nowhere near 140 words and had to change the recipe significantly. But I think a decent cook could follow it and it would still be pretty good (although you might have to take off the outside leaves since the foil may react with the lemon-prepped artichokes). And yes, EVOO was added to the dictionary a couple of years ago, thanks to Rachael Ray. Four characters shorten the 22 of extra-virgin olive oil.

I'm afraid the new twecipes will be simple efforts, at best, and are not likely to advance anyone's cooking skills. But that's not to say that some of the twecipes won't be great. I already found one for duck gumbo that sounded pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment